Ten Fascinating Things from Google Cloud Next 2017!
Ten Fascinating Things from Google Cloud Next 2017 !
In San Francisco last week at Pier 48, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) executives are holding a user conference to introduce products and services they hope will help make the case for choosing Google in the cloud. I missed this year, but thanks to internet of world, where it brings everything to my table. Without cloud computing era, which is not possible.
In cloud world era, Google is seen by many as being behind Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and even IBM in the IaaS cloud market. Google came from behind to win in search, mail, maps, browser, mobile based on strength of tech/product. Hence we have still room to innovate.”
The key note speech from Diane Greene, SVP of Google Cloud, Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google; Eric Schmidt, Chairman of Alphabet and Fei-Fei Li, Chief Scientist for Google Cloud Machine Learning and AI and Professor of Computer Science at Stanford.
Diane shared that, cloud is now no longer going not be sort of utility for surplus, peak capacity. Its no longer a place just to store things, it’s not soley to startups to figure out what demand they have. Actually what cloud is really giving customers their competitive advantage. More than 50% of the Google Cloud Next audience are Women, it’s excited to have diversity.
Sundar Pichai started with according to him Google cloud is natural extension to Google’s mission is to make information accessible and useful. Which is means making it easier for business to understand and act on critical information.
Below are some of the most significant announcements Google made at its NEXT event, in no particular order.
- SAP HANA Today we are delighted to announce here the GA of SAP HANA on Google Cloud Platform. And also HANA Express is also being offered in Google Cloud Platform. For more details…
- Open Sourced software tool called Helm. Google executives say the company is committed to open source. It has open sourced many projects, from Hadoop MapReduce to Spanner, software-defined networking components, container management platform Kubernetes, and machine learning tools Dataflow and TensorFlow. Google also recently joined the Open Compute Project, and committed a new rack design. At NEXT, it open sourced another software tool: Helm, which is code that is helpful in managing containers by deconstructing them. Big Query advancements. For more details…
- 3 New Regions – Netherlands, Canada, and California. And for more details…
- Google Cloud Dataprep is an intelligent data service for visually exploring, cleaning, and preparing structured and unstructured data for analysis. Cloud Dataprep is serverless and works at any scale. There is no infrastructure to deploy or manage. Easy data preparation with clicks and no code. For more details…
- BigQuery Data Transfer Service automates data movement from SaaS applications to Google BigQuery on a scheduled, managed basis. Your analytics team can lay the foundation for a data warehouse without writing a single line of code. For more details…
- Google Cloud Speech API enables developers to convert audio to text by applying powerful neural network models in an easy to use API. The API recognizes over 80 languages and variants, to support your global user base. You can transcribe the text of users dictating to an application’s microphone, enable command-and-control through voice, or transcribe audio files, among many other use cases. Recognize audio uploaded in the request, and integrate with your audio storage on Google Cloud Storage, by using the same technology Google uses to power its own products. For more details….
- Google Stackdriver provides powerful monitoring, logging, and diagnostics. It equips you with insight into the health, performance, and availability of cloud-powered applications, enabling you to find and fix issues faster. It is natively integrated with Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, and popular open source packages. Stackdriver provides a wide variety of metrics, dashboards, alerting, log management, reporting, and tracing capabilities. For more details…
- GCP’s cloud-based analytics data warehouse, BigQuery, is one of the core analytics tools in Google’s cloud. At NEXT, Google announced a price drop of 50% for data stored in BigQuery for more than 90 days; auto table partitions (making data management easier); and a capacitor storage engine, which Google says could speed up some queries by 10x.
- Team Drives & Drive File Stream – Google is aiming to make Drive better suited for companies with large teams by adding new features that make it particularly easy to add new members, stay on top of files as members leave, and simplify sharing permissions and admin controls. For more details ….
- Google Cloud Video Intelligence API makes videos searchable, and discoverable, by extracting metadata with an easy to use REST API. You can now search every moment of every video file in your catalog and find every occurrence as well as its significance. It quickly annotates videos stored in Google Cloud Storage, and helps you identify key nouns entities of your video, and when they occur within the video. Separate signal from noise, by retrieving relevant information at the video, shot or per frame. For more details…
- Bonus…. Welcome Kaggle to Google Cloud – In Google Next 2017 they announced that Kaggle will be joining Google Cloud. Founded in 2010, Kaggle is home to the world’s largest community of data scientists and machine learning enthusiasts. More than 800,000 data experts use Kaggle to explore, analyze and understand the latest updates in machine learning and data analytics. Kaggle is the best place to search and analyze public datasets, build machine learning models and grow your data science expertisehttps://cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2017/03/welcome-Kaggle-to-Google-Cloud.html
So to conclude the important thing about cloud is, Cloud plays an vital role for us economically. Cloud economics are a substantial improvement to our on-premise, resiliency availability, and elastic environment.
Happy Cloud Computing using GCP !
Ref. Google Cloud NEXT 2017 Talks.
interested? questions? feedback? Let us have email@example.com !
Please subscribe to www.dataottam.com to keep yourself trendy on ABC of Data (Analytics, Big Data, and Cloud Computing).